Grilled Seabass with Pico di Gallo & Roasted Almond Rice (Serves 1)
Preparation and cooking time 50 mins (Excluding chilling overnight) |
BY Che f Firdauz Nasir
- 150g seabass fillet
- 50ml Double Pagoda Shallot Oil
- 25g sea salt
- 10g black pepper, crushed
PICO DI GALLO
- 80g red cherry tomato, diced
- 20g sweet relish
- 20ml Double Pagoda Garlic Oil
- 20g yellow onion, diced
- 10g coriander, chopped
- 10ml lime juice
- 5g sea salt
- 5g black pepper, crushed
ROASTED ALMOND RICE
- 150g basmati rice, cooked
- 25g sea salt
- 10g black peppercorn, crushed
- 30g almond powder, roasted
- 5ml Double Pagoda Chili Oil
- 20g coriander stem, chopped
- 40g butter
- To prepare Pico de Gallo, mix all ingredients in a mixing bowl and chill overnight.
- Marinate the Seabass fillet with shallot oil, sea salt and black pepper. Set aside for 30 mins.
- Mix the cooked basmati rice with sea salt, black pepper and chili oil, and warm it up in a microwave oven for 1 min and 30 secs. Remove from microwave; add in the coriander stem and butter to enhance the flavor.
- In a sauté pan, grill the marinated Seabass Fillet, 3 mins on each side. 5 Combine all dishes and serve hot.
Recipes source from World Cuisine Halal Gourmet Cookbook
Do You Know....
Almonds are found in places like Iran, Saudi Arabia, Lebanon, Turkey, Syria, Jordan and Israel. This highly nutritional nut is a rich source of vitamin E, calcium, phosphorous, iron and magnesium. It also contains zinc, selenium, copper and niacin. Compared to all other nuts, almonds are the most packed with nutrients and beneficial components.