Crab Kataifi with Kafir Lime Aioli (Serves 2)
Preparation and cooking time 30 mins | Hidang 2 n Masa persiapan dan memasak 30 minit
BY Chef Mad Noor
- 100g prawn, chopped
- 150g fresh flower crab, deshelled
- 80g cream
- 40g chive, chopped
- 50g corn kernel
- 10g Double Pagoda Ginger Oil
- some salt
- some white pepper
- 1 packet shredded phyllo pastry
- 1 no kafir lime leaf
- 100g mayonnaise
- 10g garlic puree
- some caviar
- some shiso cress
- Roughly chop the prawn, season with salt and white pepper and blend it in a food processor. While blending it, add in the cream slowly, to corporate until smooth like a paste.
- In a mixing bowl, fold in the fresh flower crab, chive, corn kernel and ginger oil with the prawn paste. After folding it, fill it up using the piping bag.
- Lay out the shredded phyllo pastry 10cm length thinly, and pipe the filling paste evenly. Roll it up.
- Heat up oil for frying till 175°C. Once ready, fry the Kataifi until golden brown. Slice and serve hot.
- May use other type of seafood like lobster, squid or ocean prawn.
- Shallow frying is the best method so that the phyllo pastry will not fall apart.
Recipes source from World Cuisine Halal Gourmet Cookbook
Do You Know...
Crabs greatly vary in size. Smallest species, Pea Crab, reaches from 0.27 to 0.47 inches in length. Largest species, Japanese Spider Crab, has a leg span of 12 feet (from claw to claw)