Butterflied Sesame Ginger Chicken and Sesame Chicken Rice (Serves 4)
Sesame Ginger Chicken
- 1.4kg Whole chicken, butterflied/spatchcocked
- 1 tablespoon Chee Seng Sesame Oil
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 5 garlic cloves, pressed/minced
- 2 inch ginger, grated
- ¼ teaspoon Chinese 5 spice powder
- White pepper to taste
Sesame Chicken Rice
- 2 cups rice
- 2 teaspoon Chee Seng Sesame Oil
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 inch ginger, cut into half and smashed
- Chicken stock
- Toasted black sesame seed for garnish
- In a bowl, mix sesame oil, light soy, oyster sauce, honey, garlic, ginger, 5 spice powder, and white pepper together.
- Place chicken on a baking tray.
- Rub the mixture all over the skin and cavity of the chicken, cling wrap, and marinate in the fridge for at least an hour to 24 hours.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 200C.
- Bring chicken back to room temperature while the oven heats up.
- Bake chicken for 50 minutes on the middle rack.
- While chicken in baking, add all the ingredients for Sesame Chicken Rice into the rice cooker except black sesame seeds.
- Add enough chicken stock as indicated in your rice cooker pot.
- Cook as per normal.
- When chicken is done, use a basting brush to brush on pan sauce onto chicken. Deglaze the pan using the brush and tilting pan for sauce to flow from beneath the chicken.
- When rice is done, remove crushed ginger, and fluffy rice.
- Serve Sesame Ginger Chicken with Sesame Chicken Rice garnished with toasted black sesame seeds.
Do You Know....
You can replace the ingredients like the Ginger with Double Pagoda Ginger Oil, and the Garlic with Double Pagoda Garlic Oil.